Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review Copy Info




Recently I have received a few messages asking for copies of some of my stories for review. While most requests have been fine, a couple had me shaking my head. It was stated in these particular messages that "I'm not good with the gay thing but I promise to be fair," or something along those lines.

The 'not being good with the gay thing' is where I have a problem. I am not saying that these messages were rude or openly bigoted. Both were quite nice actually. But if someone is 'not good with the gay thing' I'm not sure how fair that person would be reading stories that include it. 

I am all about gay rights and if you're not, honestly you are on the wrong blog and a majority of my current and future stories are not for you. 

I write about the gay thing. I write about it a lot. It's my genre of choice to read and a majority of my stories include two men who love each other or may include several who just have sex without any emotions involved at all. There are hetero erotic stories as well, and I am all about writing bi-erotica where everyone has sex  - regardless of the genders of who is doing who. That's what I enjoy writing. I also have a few works in progress that are centered on other things where the sexual situations are minimal. Some are strictly M/F and some are strictly M/M. 

am open to requests for copies of my stories for review. I don't know one author who does not want honest and fair reviews of their work. My issue, as stated above, is that if you are anti-anything, it's probably not a good idea to send me a request for a copy of something I've written. If you are open-minded, by all means contact me. If you like what I've written, great! If you hate it, that's okay too. As long as you are fair, I am 100% good with what you have to say about it. But I won't be good with someone openly criticizing the sexual orientations of the characters when every story I've written (or will write) has tags in the blurb stating very clearly what the story is about.

I write naughty stories. A majority of my work contains main characters who have a substantial age difference - male and female main characters, two men, or two men and a woman, or in the case of a couple of WIP's - much more than that at a time. It's what I love to read so it's what I write. The sex is graphic, hence the erotica tags. 

I may be new to putting myself out there in my stories, but I am not new to reviewing. I am aware of all the processes involved. With that being said, if a copy is sent to anyone for review it should go without saying that that copy is not to be shared with anyone. Authors are trusting reviewers every time they send out a copy of their work for review. 


If you are a reviewer and you are interested in reading one of my stories, you can contact me via this site, one of the links on the right side of the page, or send me an email at candikayauthor@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. I think if you're going to read gay themed books you have to either be okay with that, or really enjoy it, otherwise you probably won't enjoy the story. And what's the point in skimming? None. So I agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Why start a book you know will have content you are uncomfortable with? I don't understand it. There are way too many books out there for me to read than to pick up one that I know going in won't work for me. Thanks for your comment. :)

      Delete