Saturday, April 4, 2015

News, New Release, Updates & Celebrating One Year of Publishing


Has it really been over a month since I updated? Where has all the time gone? Seriously. In my defense, I've been very busy, both with writing stuff and the real world. But a month? Wow. 

New Release -

The Guy in the Coffee Shop was published March 2nd. It's a quickie gay short. I hope you'll check it out. I had a blast writing it and the response has been quite positive so far.


Blurb -

Working behind the counter of a specialty coffee shop, Tristan fantasizes about a businessman who rushes in and out each morning after ordering plain, black coffee. Who orders black coffee in a shop that sells every blend known to man? After awhile, it becomes apparent that the man is seeking Tristan out. But why? It would be fine for Tristan if the other guy wasn't giving him such odd looks. Convinced he's a homophobe who doesn't like his flamboyant look, Tristan makes a point of avoiding the counter. But when Tristan is forced by his boss to do his job, an awkward moment arises between him and the hot man in the business suit. Only when he sees him again does he realize things weren't exactly as he suspected.

Tags - Gay Romance, Age Difference, Short Story

Approximately 5,400 words (or 22 Kindle pages)


You can find The Guy at the Coffee Shop on Amazon here for .99. As always, it's free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers.

My Publishing Anniversary -




On April 5th, I'll be celebrating my one year publishing anniversary. I took a big chance by putting Taking Lance out there. While I had been writing for years at that point, I had never allowed anyone to see anything I'd written. That changed when I let it slip to my best friend that I had written a naughty short story to get another book out of my head. She'd always encouraged me to write, not knowing I'd been doing it since I was a child. She pushed and pushed until I allowed her to read it. I've blogged about his in the past, so I won't go into all of it again. Suffice it to say that she loved that story and encouraged me to put it out there. Here it is a year later, and I've published six stories, with four of those being part of the Taking Lance world. 

To celebrate my one year publishing anniversary and as a thank you to all who have encouraged and supported me, I'll be making Taking Lance free for five days starting on April 5th. Keeping Lance and Saving Travis will be reduced to .99 during those dates as well. Note that Being Karen is already .99, so no change there. 


Thank you to everyone who has read what I've written. Thank you for your feedback - both good and bad - and for encouraging me to keep going. Without you guys I'd still be writing away and hiding my stories from the rest of the world. As always, a huge thank you to my friend who pushes me to keep writing, even if it pulls me away from other things sometimes. Your confidence in me means more than you can know.

I can't end the part about my publishing anniversary without throwing out a shout out (though I'm not naming names) to a fellow author who gives me encouragement without even realizing it.  Between you and the friend I mention above, I've not thrown in the towel (so to speak) at times when I've really been tempted. I'd send you a virtual hug for that encouragement but you don't do hugs so I'll just say thank you. I will forever giggle over your email to me after you read Willy the Kinky Elf & His Bad-Ass Reindeer. If that wasn't encouragement, I don't know what would be. If I had a tenth of your writing talent, I'd be a very happy author. You know who you are.





News -

This is an announcement I should've made a month ago, but I've been pulled in a lot of directions lately. 


I was asked to be part of a great new site, I Love Erotica. I Love Erotica was the brainchild of fellow indie author Anthony Quill, who has worked practically around the clock getting everything together, on top of bringing together several authors who barely knew each other before it all started. To be asked to be part of it is seriously a big deal, so thanks, Ant! Imagine having several different erotica authors available on one site. That's what ILE is. Whatever your kink, I have no doubt you'll find it there. I hope you'll check it out and support the authors who have put so much work into making it what it is. It's still new, but it's totally kicking ass. :) You can check out my site here. There are excerpts, blurbs, etc. that aren't on this site, so I really hope you'll check it out. Don't just check out mine. Check out all the other authors too.


My Last Post -

My last blog post on here was a big rant about the new Google policy that would pretty much shut down all Blogger sites that had any type of adult content. I think my thoughts on that policy were pretty obvious as I was not a happy girl. Google, thankfully, did an about-face and decided not to change the policy after all. Good! 

But I have to go back to that particular blog post for a couple of reasons. Within an hour of publishing it, I received a couple of harsh messages in regards to my language and some of the wording I used. I could've gone back to these people and been rude, but that's not my style, and really, they have a right to their opinions. I can't fault them for that. I kindly thanked them for their thoughts and moved on. I did not, however, apologize for what I had to say.

So, what was offensive about that post?

One, I used the word bullshit. I am an erotica author. I curse in my stories. My excerpts have cursing in them. My sex scenes are described in language that would really be offensive if that bothered you. The word bullshit is quite mild. I write erotica. I write graphic sex. The graphic sex may be between a man and a woman or it may be between two men. Hell, I'm all about the threesomes, so there is that as well. While I hate that the word offended some, I can't apologize for saying it.

Two, I called children "little darlings". Granted, I probably should've come up with another term. I'll give you that one. But here's the thing... I'm a mother and I wasn't criticizing all children. I wasn't criticizing any children. I was stressing that it's up to parents to control what their children see online. The term little darlings (in my neck of the woods anyway) refers to children who have been allowed to do pretty much anything they've wanted to do with a total lack of parental supervision. 




What else?

I have a lot of stories I'm working on. I sent two hetero erotica shorts to my editor and time will tell if/when they are published. The plan is to publish both together because they actually go together in a way. Also, they are both really short and I can't see myself publishing them separately. They are titled My Son's Girl and My Son's Friends, so you can see where I went with them. *grin* The cover on the right is a test cover and may or may not change. 

I'm currently working on a gay erotica/romance that I hope to finish this week. It's still untitled, but the story is coming along nicely. It's a friends-to-lovers story and one of the main characters has a bit of an issue with the lube he uses after a night of partying. I can't say more than that other than I'll be throwing a bit of humor in there, on top of the sexual situations and romance. More on that when I'm closer to publishing.

There's a book I wrote last year and did nothing with it. No, that's not true. I did do something with it. I sent it to my editor with hesitation. When I hesitate sending a story to her, it's usually a given that it's not my best work. I was right. It's nowhere near my best work. At the moment, it's around 40,000 words. This number can go up or down depending on how I feel when I go back into the story. I had to walk away from it because I got frustrated. This was months ago (September? October?) so I'm hoping going back into it now will give me new insight of what can be changed to make it a story I'm proud of. It will be a gay romance about two men who were forced apart as teens who come back together again a decade later. 

There are a lot of other stories in the works. I'm always writing something. I will update when I have more info.

My apologies for disappearing for so long and then slamming you guys with a long-winded post. :)

I hope everyone is doing well and I promise to update more often, both on here and on I Love Erotica.

Because I was told that all of my posts need eye candy -




Until next time,

~Candi Kay

1 comment:

  1. I like the sound of the girl and friends book. I can see where they're going. Yippee!!
    Thanks for keeping on writing because I like them all so far and The Guy in the Coffee Shop was as sweet and drinkable as my coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete