Friday, May 8, 2015

Latest Release, Updates, & Eye Candy



My apologies if the font color of this post is weird. Blogger is acting a bit crazy as I type this, so I'm unsure how it will come up in the actual emails to my followers. 

Recently I was asked how I got into writing LGBT books. With it being my genre of choice to write in, it was a fair question. I write it because it's what I mostly read. At last count I've read hundreds of LGBT related books - shorts and novels - and I don't see me stopping anytime soon. My reading in the genre opened doors for me that I won't go into here. But on top of those doors being opened, it also had me wanting to venture into writing it. I'm no expert by any means, but I've read enough where I think I do have a clue when it comes to writing those particular types of stories. I'm also very lucky that I have gay authors who support me privately and are always there if I have any questions. Until I wrote Taking Lance last year, everything I'd written was hetero erotica and/or romance. Regardless of what I'm writing, it's a safe bet that there will be a romance in there somewhere. I know there are a lot of people who want strictly erotica in what they read and I respect that. However, I'm all about happily-ever-afters, so if I've written it, it's a good bet there's a sappy romance in there somewhere.

With that being said, my latest release - a two-book bundle - is strictly hetero erotica and would likely not be called romance. It's about Catherine and Drew, a couple married for over two decades. They have a son who they love dearly. The marriage is good. The sex is still good. However, both Catherine and Drew discover that they want a bit... more. For Drew, it's the much younger woman who just happens to be his son's girlfriend. For Catherine, it's her son's friends.

Each story in this bundle is connected in a way. Drew has his story in My Son's Girl and Catherine has hers in My Son's Friends. Don't expect real romance with these two, unless you count Drew and Cat's. It's all about spicing up a marriage that neither even realized needed it. There's infidelity with both, but in the end? They come back to each other. A reviewer stated on Goodreads that they have a 'don't ask, don't tell' type of relationship and I couldn't have said it better. My thanks to Mee for that kind review, by the way. My thanks to everyone who has already read it and who have been kind enough to let me know what they thought about it. It's only .99 for both stories and available for free to Kindle Unlimited subscribers. Check it out here. It's only around 34 pages or so.

With that being said, I just completed another story that's kind of similar, but has totally different characters. It's another hetero erotica short about a man who is turning eighteen and still hasn't lost his virginity. He hires a hooker to help him out with that problem, but is shocked to the core when the woman who shows up at his hotel room is someone he already knows well. I've only written the first draft so there's a bit of work to be done yet.

Speaking of my writing, boy have I gotten some writing done over the past few weeks! I had a bit of a burn out (I guess you'd call it) after I published Saving Travis, so to have things flowing again like they have been lately feels pretty damn good. I've completed six first drafts in the past few weeks. They all need a bit of work, but they will all be published eventually.



I can't end this without mentioning my publishing anniversary back in April. 364 people took advantage of downloading Taking Lance for free during the few days it was on Amazon at no cost. Thank you to all who helped me celebrate my one year publishing anniversary and for every single person who contacted me afterward with their opinions of the series. When I wrote Taking Lance way back when, I never in a million years would've dreamed that I'd publish it, much less have several published after that one. So again, I say thank you to every single person who has downloaded one of my books. You guys are why I keep doing what I do, even when I want to throw my hands up and walk away sometimes.



For every mother, I hope you have an amazing Mother's Day on Sunday. My family will be taking me to the beach or somewhere to celebrate. I'm really looking forward to it.

Until next time,

~Candi Kay





1 comment:

  1. Love the eye candy and the sound of the stories coming out. Keep writing. :D

    ReplyDelete