Wednesday, February 3, 2016

New Release - Eros: A Gay Valentine's Day Short - Blurb & Excerpt


Those of you who read my books and follow me here and on social media are aware that I like to change things up a bit in regards to how I write certain things. If you've read Willy the Kinky Elf & His Bad-Ass Reindeer or Evan the Virgin Reindeer & His Sexy Buck, you know I'm not big on keeping things like the norm.

That definitely applies to my newest release.

The title is simply Eros. If you're familiar with Greek mythology you know that Eros, the son of Aphrodite, was the god of love and lust. Eros also had a mate, Psyche. Eros and Psyche went through hell and back to finally have their HEA. Aphrodite wasn't too keen on her son falling for someone as beautiful as the lovely Psyche and was quite jealous.

I've always been fascinated by Greek mythology, and honestly, I adore the name Eros. So I wrote a contemporary gay romance based on Eros and Psyche's mythical love story. In my version, both characters are male and are on Earth for reasons explained in the story. They, like the characters they're based on, must find their way back to each other after Aphrodite ripped them apart. I have to stress strongly that I took a lot of liberties when I wrote this story. If you go into it expecting it to be 100% true to the myth you'll be disappointed. Really. Keep that in mind before reading it. I'd rather lose a few sales than have someone read the story expecting more than it is.

As always, I have to give a huge shout-out to my friend and editor who always makes me look a hell of a lot better than I would without her. From listening to my initial ideas at the very beginning, to helping me tell the story where it makes sense at the end, and everything in between, I appreciate you so much. I know I've said it a million times already, but without you I'd not be doing what I do.

I also want to send a big thank you to author Devon McCormack for helping me with the blurb when I was ready to throw my laptop. ;)

David Garrett - My Psyche
Blurb 

Eros is the god of love and lust. His only job on Earth is to bring couples together and shoot them with his magical arrows. If he occasionally hooks up with the guys first, what of it? He's all about the lust thing, but love? Not hardly. Not after all the broken relationships he's witnessed throughout his long, immortal life.

After four assignments that he nearly blows because he's quicker to shoot his load than his arrows, Aphrodite gives him a final chance to prove himself. If he fails, he could lose his privileged position among the gods and be eternally banished from the planet he calls home. Confident in his skills, he isn't overly concerned. That is, until he hooks up with the guy he's supposed to shoot for his do-or-die assignment. In the eons he's spent on Earth, he's never felt this way before. Does he risk losing everything he's ever known? Or does he fulfill his duty and walk away from the only love he's ever found?

Approximately 25,000 words or 73 Kindle pages.

You can find Eros at the links below. 








Excerpt 

Eros, you're a slut.”
I raise a brow at my mother across the small table. After I left the lake house and my most recent fuck buddy, I was summoned. Knowing there was no getting out of it - I have been ignoring calls from Olympus for the past week - I fixed my clothes and turned my car around and made my way to a rundown diner that smells like it hasn't been cleaned since 1972.
Your point?”
You have to stop having sex with your marks,” she growls. “You're supposed to be bringing them together, not shagging them before they make it to the altar.”
They still make it, don't they? Is it my fault these guys want a bit of cock action before they commit themselves to,” I shudder, “a woman?”
You're abusing your powers, Eros, and I won't stand for it. You can have sex with others. Just stay away from your damn assignments.”
I'm not using my powers to get these guys into bed. I haven't done that since I was eighteen and didn't know what I was doing. And with those, you can't blame me for that. I wasn't exactly trained in my duties before I was ripped away from my home and forced to come here.”
My Eros
Trained? What the hell did you need training for? You get the assignments, you bring the two people together, the arrow hits them and you're done.”
The arrow is malfunctioning. Those guys, and even some of the women, wanted me. If the arrow was working correctly, they'd only want each other.”
The arrow has not malfunctioned in the centuries you've had it and it wouldn't start now. You're doing something wrong.”
The bow and arrow only make an appearance when the two marks are in range and then only they can see it. The last four couples have seen it when others haven't.” I don't dare mention the man from before. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that. “They still wanted me to have sex with them. So tell me, how am I doing something wrong?”
You're playing a game. You are purposely screwing with the destinies of these people in order to get them in bed.”
I shrug my shoulders.
You can't blame me for them wanting me.”
I can blame you for following through.” She holds up a finger. “The first couple, Janet and Will. You had him bending over for you less than five minutes after he met Janet in the library of the university, for goodness sake.”
You make it sound like I fucked the guy in the American History section. It happened in the bathroom. He's bi, by the way.”
The second couple,” she holds up another finger, “Paul and Cassandra. All you had to do was bump Cassandra so she'd spill her drink on Paul and then you were to leave the bar.”
I didn't ask the guy to drop to his knees and take my cock down his throat before that, did I?”
The third couple,” she continues with a third finger joining the other two, “Jonathan and Michael. Two men. I thought this one would be easy for you. But no, you had to follow them back to the car after the concert-”
To make sure they got there safely,” I interrupt. “They were both a little tipsy. What kind of god would I be if I let them drive to a motel? They wanted a third, I provided a service, then I made sure they poured themselves into a cab.”
You fucked them in the parking lot of the coliseum!”
I raise an eyebrow.
Your point? They're living happily together now, aren't they? In an open relationship, I might add. They're planning a wedding. I did what I was supposed to do. All three of those couples are together and seem to be happy.”
Aphrodite leans back and crosses her legs, pushing her leather skirt above the lace of her fishnet stockings. I grin when I see a man almost drop his coffee mug a few feet away.
Now we get to the fourth and final couple, Clara and Joseph. Do I need to recount what happened with them, Eros?”
More Psyche
I lean back in my chair and smile, my cock filling as I remember what happened not even twenty-four hours before.
Ah, yes,” I answer as I adjust my erection through my leather pants, “Joseph and Clara. That's a memory I'll carry with me for awhile.”
Not Joseph and Clara,” she continues. “Joseph first and then Clara's father. What were you thinking, Eros? Both of them at the wedding? Have you no shame?”
I look down sheepishly.
You make it sound like it happened during the ceremony.”
At the venue.”
Hey,” I say forcefully, looking back up. “I didn't know they were in that room getting ready. I was looking for the john.”
You fucked the groom fifteen minutes before he was to say his vows.”
Ah, yeah.” I adjust my erection again.
Then you took the father-in-law.”
Well, I was already naked and you know I recover quickly-”
Eros!” 



No comments:

Post a Comment